The Rocking Horse Shop

+44 (0)1759 368737 | info@rockinghorse.co.uk

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

A Rocking Horse for the Ronald MacDonald Centre by Ben Cotton

Ben sent us this fantastic email....

Over the years I have purchased your Rocking Horse kits, when
I lived in Scotland and later from Ontario, after I emigrated here to join my family members.
Below are a few photos of my latest horse, which is my seventh and I
thought my last. I had already supplied my family with their heirlooms so
this one I donated to the Ronald MacDonald Centre in Red Deer Alberta.
This is a care centre attached to the Red Deer Hospital and it provides full
accommodation and living facilities for remote families who are visiting
relatives at the hospital. The Ronald MacDonald House had a public open day,
the rocking horse was very well received.The horse was made from the Large Horse kit, I extended the body by 6
inches to accommodate the child's Western Saddle (a safety consideration for
the young kids). I also had to extend the hoof runners. The motion is still
very good and I am quite pleased with it.
I now realise that I got so much satisfaction from carving these horses that
I am going to do another.


Ben Cotton is a member of our Guild of Rocking Horse Makers



No comments:

Post a Comment